Camera channel error

May 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM

i am not able to view switch camera channel,

any advise?

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Hello,

Switching the video channel is defined in the contract Wilke.Interactive.Drone.Contracts.IDroneCommander. The Wilke.Interactive.Drone.Control.DroneController class implements the two methods to change the video channel:

/// <summary>
        /// Displays the next video channel.
        /// </summary>
        public void DisplayNextVideoChannel()
        {
            CommandCenter.SwitchVideoChannel(VideoChannel.Next);
        }
        /// <summary>
        /// Switches to the selected video channel.
        /// </summary>
        public void SwitchVideoChannel(int videoChannel)
        {
            CommandCenter.SwitchVideoChannel((VideoChannel) videoChannel);
        }
It has been a while since I played around with the code, I am now venturing in the world of humanoid robots (NAO - http://www.aldebaran-robotics.com/). If this code really does not work it could be because of a change in the later ARDrone firmwares.

Let me know if you succeed in switching video channel with the two afore mentioned methods.

Kind regards,

Wilke

May 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Ok thank you.
I will see how to make it working and then I will come back to you.

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:58:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Camera channel error [dronecontroller:258034]

Hello,
Switching the video channel is defined in the contract Wilke.Interactive.Drone.Contracts.IDroneCommander. The Wilke.Interactive.Drone.Control.DroneController class implements the two methods to change the video channel:
/// <summary>
/// </summary>
{
}
/// <summary>
/// </summary>
{
}
It has been a while since I played around with the code, I am now venturing in the world of humanoid robots (NAO - http://www.aldebaran-robotics.com/). If this code really does not work it could be because of a change in the later ARDrone firmwares.
Let me know if you succeed in switching video channel with the two afore mentioned methods.
Kind regards,
Wilke

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dronecontroller@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email dronecontroller@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
May 19, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Hello , thats how to switch the camera by sending
internal static readonly string SwitchVideoChannel = "AT*CONFIG={0},\"video:video_channel\",\"{1}\"\r";
instead of
"AT*ZAP={0},{1}\r";

and the same values u will use 0,1,2,3

Ahmad Sabry
Software / Computer Engineer
Programming Department

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:58:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Camera channel error [dronecontroller:258034]

Hello,
/// <summary>
/// </summary>
{
}
/// <summary>
/// </summary>
{
}
Kind regards,
Wilke

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dronecontroller@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email dronecontroller@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Hi,

Thanks for notifying. As this project was just a challenge at the time I did not take the time to keep up with firmware changes. The biggest problem was that I simply didn't have the space to elaborate on the framework. I wrote and tested the framework in my living room on about 4m². Spinning up the ARDrone in the living room helped us however to remove all the dust from under the furniture (very tough period for the plants in the living room as well). A feature I really wanted to elaborate on was the pathdesigner but on 4m² there are not that many manoeuvres you can program.

Kind regards,

Mrs. Wilke Jansoone